We at Cyclone Rep Theatre-in-Education Company are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In this policy you will learn how we may have obtained your information, why we may be holding your personal data, why it was originally gathered, how long we will be retaining it for, how secure it is, if we share it with third parties. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it. By visiting www.cyclonerep.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the Acts), the data controller is Cyclone Repertory Ltd, 2nd Floor Block B, Heritage Business Park, Bessboro Road, Blackrock, Cork, T12 RW2C
How We May Have Obtained It
- Information you give to us. You may give us information about yourself by filing in forms on our website (cyclonerep.com) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, place a booking, enter into a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include but may not be limited to you name, address, email address and phone number, place of work.
- Information we received from other sources. We may receive information about you from your place or work, school website, information that is publicly available, or from a colleague who thinks you may be interested in our service. In this case we will inform you when we collected and that data that it may be shared internally. It will only be shared with third parties with your permission.
- Sensitive personal data. It is not our intention to collect sensitive personal information about you which includes your racial or ethnic origin, your religious or other beliefs, trade union memberships you are a part of and offences or alleged offences committed by you. However if we do collect such data it will only be collected after having obtained your explicit consent to do so or where it is necessary to do so to comply with legal requirements including for employment law purposes.
Why We May Be Holding Your Personal Data and Why It Was Originally Gathered
- Information you give to us. We use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with informing regarding our services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already booked or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to conduct research as how to improve our service.
- Information we collect about you. We use this information:
- to administer data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about the shows that may interest you or them;
- to conduct fundraising activities and promote the interests of Cyclone Rep Theatre-in-Education Company;
- to ensure that our fundraising resources are used in the most efficient manner and that any communications we may sent you about fundraising are appropriate and will be of interest to you.
- Information we received from other sources. We may combine this information you give to us and information we collect about you:
- to make sure you only receive fundraising communications which are relevant,
- we may use third parties who collate publically available information about you. This helps us to better understand you and what might be of interest to you. This third party data would only ever be data that is publically available or that you have already given your permission to share. administer data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertising and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Social media sites for the purposes of data analytics and targeted advertising.
- Analytics and search engines providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Cyclone Rep Theatre-in-Education Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cyclone Rep Theatre-in-Education Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
- The data that we collect from you is stored on our secure servers. Any feedback forms that you may have filled in are filed in our office located in Cork, Ireland. By submitting your personal data, you agree to us storing and processing it in these ways.
- We never take your card details over the phone. All card payments are processed through PayPal where they are encrypted. If you choose to pay via PayPal, please note that they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to their site.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
GDPR sets out the following rights:
- The right to access the personal information a company holds on you
- The right to have your personal information sent directly to yourself or another organisation
- The right to have inaccuracies corrected
- The right to object, including in relation to direct marketing
- The right to restrict the processing of information
- The right to have information erased
These are your specific rights in relation to our use of your personal data:
- Your data that we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing and/or fundraising purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to us your data for such purposes. Or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect you data. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note if we need to contact you with important information about a performance you are attending, we will do so whether or not you have agreed to receive marketing emails.
Access to Information
- The acts gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts.