WATCH A CLIP ON THIS SHOW FEATURED IN NEWS2DAY HERE
Bullying Prevention Session Primary Programme
Led by Trinity Researcher Dr. Peadar Donohoe the programme consists of 5 simple steps:
- A meeting/call is arranged for needs analysis and a brief review of how to proceed
- Bullying Circle script sent to school
- Pupils rehearse the short Bullying Circle Script and discuss with aid of an adult (teacher or principal)
- Dr. Peadar Donohoe provides an interactive drama workshop using role-play to discuss and create awareness about bullying. Then pupils generate ideas about ways they could prevent bullying in their school. Students also receive a colourful handout on what bullying is, the bullying circle and ways to prevent it.
- Post workshop pupils ideas are captured in a poster that is centrally placed in their classroom.
Thereafter, Peadar is available to support your school in implementing pupil suggestions.
The Bullying Prevention Session Primary aims to raise learner awareness about bullying by looking at:
– What bullying is
– The forms it can take such as cyber bullying, social and relational exclusion, verbal, physical, gesture and extortion
– The roles played by those who actively and passively contribute to bullying incidents by bullying, following, supporting, purposely ignoring, looking on and possibly defending
Ultimately, Cyclone Rep’s BPS has three goals:
- Challenge attitudes about bullying
- Share current research knowledge on what bullying is and its effects
- Invite students to create strategies to prevent bullying in their school
Click HERE to read the latest article written by Peadar Donohoe (Author of The Bullying Prevention Session Primary) and Carmel O’Sullivan. The article is titled: “The Bullying Prevention Pack: Fostering Vocabulary and Knowledge on the Topic of Bullying and Prevention using Role-Play and Discussion to Reduce Primary School Bullying”
Dr. Peadar Donohoe, BPS Primary Writer and Performer and Marie Casey, Chairperson of Cyclone Rep’s Board of Directors together with Seamus O’ Connor, Principal of Scoil Bhride, Crosshaven, Co. Cork after an extremely successful Bullying Prevention Session Primary Performance
Written & Directed by: Peadar Donohoe